Immigration Law

Beaumont Texas Immigration Lawyer

At the Mazzola Law Firm, PLLC, we provide legal representation in all areas of immigration law. Whether it be a travel visa, a green card, or representation in a complicated immigration appeal, we always look for creative, intelligent and ethical solutions to provide our clients with the best possible options for their circumstances.

Our practice includes:

  • Family-based immigration: We help bring families together by providing legal advice on all types of family-based immigration. We advise clients on the best way to obtain U.S. citizenship, move a family member to the U.S. or bring a fiancé to the United States. We also assist clients with correctly adjusting their status. When it comes to something as important as your family, you need to hire an experienced attorney to handle your matter to make sure you are all reunited.
  • Business/employment-based immigration: Our law firm is experienced in assisting working individuals with employment-based visas. Our law firm can advise you on the best visa for your situation as well as how to expedite the process.
  • Non-Immigrant Worker Visas: The U.S. government issues more than a dozen non-immigrant worker visas for individuals who wish to work in the United States on a temporary basis. We have extensive experience in the area of non-immigrant worker visas and look forward to helping you get the visa you need.

To speak with an immigration attorney at our Beaumont office, call 844.800.6335, or contact us online.

What is a U.S. Visa?

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa; either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence.

Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel.

Immigrant Visas

The immigrant visa is better known as the green card, or lawful permanent residence. This immigration status allows foreign nationals to live and work in the United States indefinitely. There are many paths to the green card. Some are obtained through an individual’s job (often referred to as Employment-based Immigration) while others are obtained by virtue of a family member petition (often referred to as Family-based Immigration). Still others are obtained after having spent time in refugee or asylum-recipient status.

For individuals already residing in the United States, permanent residency can be acquired through the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) through a process known as an “adjustment of status”. All others intending to immigrate to the United States go to a U.S. embassy or consulate in his or her home country to complete the application for a green card/lawful permanent residence (“LPR”). This involves submitting forms and documents to the consulate, and attending an interview there, and is known as “consular processing”.

Although LPR status is indefinite, the permanent resident can lose status if he or she is deemed to have abandoned it due to having been absent from the United States for too long without the necessary permission. Alternatively, certain criminal acts can be grounds for removal proceedings in the EOIR.

Non-Immigrant Visas

There are several options for temporary stays in the United States, with purposes including visits for pleasure, work, study, and more. Some, such as the B-1/B-2 business/tourism visa, can be obtained directly at a U.S. consular post, while others, such as the H-1B and L-1A, require a petition be filed with USCIS. The non-immigrant visa category is a broad one, including professional workers, artists, athletes, journalists, crews of passenger vessels and commercial airlines, students, investors, business executives, interns, and cultural exchange visitors, among many others.

Temporary employment visas allow employers to hire foreign nationals to work in a specific job for a limited time period. Depending on the visa classification and, in some cases, the nationality of the intended employee, the employer may be required to file, as a first step, a petition for a nonimmigrant worker with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If approved, a State Department consular officer then determines the foreign worker’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa. Once the visa has been issued, the worker may travel to the United States to assume employment with the petitioning employer. Upon arrival in the U.S., a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer will inspect the worker to confirm eligibility for admission and to determine the specific length of stay. Upon expiration of the period of stay (assuming it has not been extended by USCIS), the worker must depart the United States.

Contact Us 

If you need a compassionate, experienced and qualified attorney to handle your immigration matter, the Mazzola Law Firm can help. One of the most rewarding parts of our jobs as attorneys is the opportunity to bring families back together and skillfully assist clients with difficult immigration issues. We are dedicated to providing the best legal solutions for our clients’ immigration matters.

At the Mazzola Law Firm, we are known for our honesty, experience and hard work. Located in Beaumont, Texas, our law firm represents individuals on immigration matters across Southeast Texas, as well as throughout the entire State of Texas. Contact us today to get the process started on your immigration matter. For more information on the legal immigration services we provide, go to